Human-Computer Interaction (Mensch-Maschine Interaktion) SS'21
Vorlesung mit Übung
Dr.-Ing. Susana Castillo
This summer semester, the ICG will offer the lecture "Human-Computer Interaction" previously hosted by Prof. Dr. Felix Büsching and, this year, it will be fully conducted in English. Of course, the lecture's format will adapt in order to fulfill the current restrictions due to the COVID-19. Each week we will update this website with the corresponding material. Please, stay tuned.
We expect to broadcast our lectures on Wednesdays at 11:30. All interested parties should have logged in on time for the start of the event.
In order to ensure a smooth course development, we would like to ask you to informally register as soon as possible by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) including your matriculation number and your aimed degree (MSc/BSc) and course of studies (Studiengang), so we can update you on any unforeseen changes in the lecture. Please note that this is a non-binding, informal registration solely for informative purpouses. Proper registration to the module via the corresponding Prüfungsamt is still required.
In this lecture, we will tackle the conception and prototypical implementation of innovative human-machine interfaces in the context of theoretical reflection on human-machine systems. In particular, the course will focus on the teaching of methods for the systematic determination of requirements, the design of user interfaces, and their evaluation.
Wednesdays, 11:30 - 13:00 and 13:15 - 14:45, Online webconf.tu-bs.de/sus-c9t-jhz
The separation between the exercises and the lecture is not a hard one.
L2: The Human I. Introduction and Input/Output
L3: The Human II. Human Memory
L4: The Human III. Mental Processing and more
L5: The Machine I. Introduction and Input/Output
L6: The Machine II. Memo, processing & technical framework
L7: The Interacion. The Basics
L8: User-Centered Design
L9: User/Task/Domain/Requirement Analysis
L10: Generating Designs & Prototyping
L11: Evaluation I
L12: Evaluation II
L13: Recap & Exam preparation
- Date: Tuesday, 17th August 2021 (17.08.2021), 11:00 am (90 minutes)
- Date (2nd take): Wednesday, 23rd February 2022 (23.02.2022), 11:00 am (90 minutes)
Online Survey (Lehrevaluation):
- The teaching evaluation is done online. If you want to participate, please follow this link. The poll is now closed for participation (since 02.07.2021).
- This course is offered as part of the masters' program in: Informatik and Wirtschaftsinformatik
- As established by the corresponding Prüfungsamt
- Alan Dix, Janet E. Finlay, Gregory D. Abowd, and Russell Beale. 2003. Human-Computer Interaction (3rd Edition). Prentice-Hall, Inc., USA.
- Rogers, Yvonne; Sharp, Helen and Preece, Jenny (2011). Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction (3rd ed). Chichester: Wiley.
- Ben Shneiderman, Catherine Plaisant, Maxine Cohen, Steven Jacobs, Niklas Elmqvist, and Nicholas Diakopoulos. 2016. Designing the User Interface: Strategies for Effective Human-Computer Interaction (6th. ed.). Pearson.
- David Beyond. 2010. Designing Interactive Systems: A comprehensive Guide to HCI and interaction design (2nd Edition). Addison Wesley.
- David Beyond. 2019. Designing User Experience: A guide to HCI, UX and interaction design (4th edition). Pearson.
- Butz, A., & Krüger, A. (2014). Mensch-Maschine-Interaktion. Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter Oldenbourg.