Human-Computer Interaction (Mensch-Maschine Interaktion) SS'21
Vorlesung mit Übung
Dr.-Ing. Susana Castillo
This summer semester, the ICG will offer the lecture "Human-Computer Interaction" previously hosted by Prof. Dr. Felix Büsching and, this year, it will be conducted in English. Of course, the lecture's format will adapt in order to fulfill the current restrictions due to the COVID-19. Each week we will update this website with the corresponding slides and material. Please, stay tuned.
We expect to broadcast our lectures on Wednesdays at 11:30. All interested parties should have logged in on time for the start of the event.
In order to ensure a smooth course development, we would like to ask you to informally register as soon as possible by e-mail (email@example.com) including your matriculation number and your course of studies (Studiengang), so we can update you on any unforeseen changes in the lecture. Please note that this is a non-binding, informal registration solely for informative purpouses. Proper registration to the module via the corresponding Prüfungsamt is still required.
In this lecture, we will tackle the conception and prototypical implementation of innovative human-machine interfaces in the context of theoretical reflection on human-machine systems. In particular, the course will focus on the teaching of methods for the systematic determination of requirements, the design of user interfaces, and their evaluation.
Wednesdays, 11:30 - 13:00, Online webconf.tu-bs.de/sus-c9t-jhz
All the materials for the lecture are password-protected.The password is announced on the first lecture and exercise session.
Wednesdays, 13:15 - 14:45, Online webconf.tu-bs.de/sus-c9t-jhz
- This course is offered as part of the masters' program in: Informations-Systemtechnik, Informatik, and Wirtschaftsinformatik
- Alan Dix, Janet E. Finlay, Gregory D. Abowd, and Russell Beale. 2003. Human-Computer Interaction (3rd Edition). Prentice-Hall, Inc., USA.
- Rogers, Yvonne; Sharp, Helen and Preece, Jenny (2011). Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction (3rd ed). Chichester: Wiley.
- Ben Shneiderman, Catherine Plaisant, Maxine Cohen, Steven Jacobs, Niklas Elmqvist, and Nicholas Diakopoulos. 2016. Designing the User Interface: Strategies for Effective Human-Computer Interaction (6th. ed.). Pearson.
- David Beyond. 2010. Designing Interactive Systems: A comprehensive Guide to HCI and interaction design (2nd Edition). Addison Wesley.
- David Beyond. 2019. Designing User Experience: A guide to HCI, UX and interaction design (4th edition). Pearson.
- Butz, A., & Krüger, A. (2014). Mensch-Maschine-Interaktion. Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter Oldenbourg.